Friday, July 11, 2008

Fruit Cobbler

Since I have been posting recipes, I have posted no
desserts.... I realized my error a few days ago, and
thought I would post this Berry Cobbler recipe that
I make frequently.

Ingredients:
1 cup dry rolled oats (NOT instant oatmeal)
3 Tbs. flaxseed meal
1 tsp. olive oil
assorted berries/fruit of your choice
1 tbs honey (optional, see recipe)
1/2 cup flour of your choice

Mix oats with flaxseed meal and olive oil. Set aside.

Mix however many berries, apples, pears, whatever you
like that you can fit into a cobbler dish with honey,
IF using tart fruit, and flour.

Put part of the fruit mixture in the dish and top with
crumbled oatmeal mixture, repeat layers till all used,
ending with oat mixture. Bake at 350 F. until the top
is browned.....

SOOOOO GOOOOOOD!!!!

___________________

I use a two quart dish. Use a whole grain flour if
possible as it is more nutritious... whole grain wheat
flour or whole grain rye flour are my favorites.

Most berries are pretty sweet on their own... if they
are not sweet enough, don't eat them till they ripen
a bit. If you are up against a wall and NEED a sugar
fix, you could use a small amount of honey to sweeten
the tart fruit....

No comments:

The Mediterranean Diet

The Mediterranean Diet
Food Pyramid