Sunday, July 13, 2008

Black Bean Lime Salsa

Everyone needs a snack food from time to time, right? RIGHT!

This is one of my favorites! I found this recipe in the Spring 2008 issue of Clean Eating Magazine (pg. 74). Clean Eating Magazine is chock full of FANTASTIC recipes and great information about food and living a "clean" life. Clean Eating is also one of only two magazines I subscribe to! (The other is The Ensign, a magazine of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints)

I did make some modifications to the recipe, my changes show up in orange next to the original recipe instructions. I love making new recipes, but I always use what I have on hand, rather than being wasteful.


INGREDIENTS

1 cup black beans (cooked or sprouted)
1 tomato, diced
1 lime, cut into small pieces (I used lime juice instead of fresh lime)
½ small onion, diced (I used a red onion)
1 tbs. balsamic vinegar
2 cloves minced garlic
1 cup cilantro chopped
½ tsp. cayenne pepper (I used considerably more, didn't measure)
½ tbs. hemp oil (I used olive oil)
½ tbs. flax oil

DIRECTIONS

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. If allowed to sit for a few hours, the ingredients will infuse each other with flavour for an even more delicious mixture.

No comments:

The Mediterranean Diet

The Mediterranean Diet
Food Pyramid