Friday, July 11, 2008

Caribbean Tilapia and Bell Pepper Risotto

Dinner for two + a baby :)

I wanted to create a recipe that my husband and I could enjoy
together, and being that I love to use what's on hand rather
than go buy some new expensive ingredients from the store, I
searched my freezer.

I found some frozen Tilapia... oh, I can use some Caribbean
seasoning and some lime juice... now what could go with
Tilapia? Well, what do I have in my pantry? OOOOOHHHH, I
have rice, and here in my freezer I have some bell pepper, I
can make that yummy risotto, my son absolutely adores that
risotto and will eat lots of it...

Thus a new family favorite is born!

Caribbean Tilapia

2 Tilapia Filets
1 tbs. Olive Oil
2 tsp. Caribbean spice (from http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/)
2 tbs lime juice
pepper to taste

heat oil on med-high heat in a small skillet, place fish in skillet
and sprinkle with half of the spices and lime juice, fry for about
4-5 minutes, gently turn fish over and sprinkle with remaining
ingredients. Fry till fish flakes easily with a fork.

Bell Pepper Risotto

1 cup Arborio Rice
2 1/2 cups water or chicken broth
1 tbs dried minced onion
1tbs. olive oil
1 bell pepper (color doesn't matter)
or
1/2 bag of frozen bell pepper strips.


place rice, liquid, and onion in a rice cooker (or cook rice, liquid,
and onion according to rice package instructions) , chop and
seed bell pepper and place in the steamer basket of the rice
cooker. Turn on cooker and wait for it to "pop". When rice is
finished, and bell pepper steamed to soft state, puree the bell
pepper with the olive oil in a blender and stir puree into rice.

Serve hot.

No comments:

The Mediterranean Diet

The Mediterranean Diet
Food Pyramid