Thursday, February 19, 2009

Bread and Dip

THE DIP

1. Pull together your favorite veggies and puree them in a blender or food processor. It really doesn't matter how much you puree, if you do too much you can always freeze the excess for later use. I start with about 3 cups of veggies.

2. If you like a creamy dip, stir the veggies into a creamy base like yogurt, sour cream, mayonnaise, etc... until you get the desired consistency.

Another option is to make a bean paste out of your favorite bean... I particularly like black beans or chickpeas... and stir the veggies into that.

A third option is to simply stir the pureed veggies into some flavorful olive oil to pull the veggies together.

If you are using a creamy veggie like avocado or artichoke, you could omit any stir in options and go for the all natural approach.

3. Season to taste with your favorite seasonings.

THE BREAD

I usually have several different breads lying around my freezer in slices. This is a great way to use those up, and I like a little variety on my dip tray. I simply thaw out the bread and cut them into strips suitable for dipping. Sometimes I toast the bread, sometimes I don't. Have some olive oil on han

If you aren't a bread packrat like me, you can buy some or make a loaf of bread or some pita rounds... I have several bread recipes on this blog...

No comments:

The Mediterranean Diet

The Mediterranean Diet
Food Pyramid