Monday, September 29, 2008

Dump Chicken

A friend of mine listed a whole bunch of dump chicken recipes on a forum that I am on, and I looked them over and found one I liked... then I went to my kitchen to prepare this tasty looking recipe and found that I didn't have some of the ingredients... did I let that stop me? I think you already know the answer! I substituted what I had on hand for some of the ingredients, changed the amounts of some of the ingredients to suit my taste, and added brown sugar to offset the rather large amount of Tabasco sauce I added.... I will list my version of the recipe... It turned out so good! I am positive the original recipe would have been fantastic, but it is amazing what creations you can make when you are missing a few simple ingredients. VIVA LA CREATIVITY!!!

Ingredients

2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 bag of frozen bell pepper and onion strips
28 oz can Whole Tomatoes (Chopped and undrained)
4tbs. Worcestershire
splash apple cider vinegar
2 tbs. Mediterranean seasoning
1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
lots of Tabasco Sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
about 2-3 pounds of chicken legs/wings/thighs
Rice

Directions

Combine all the ingredients except chicken in a crockpot and turn on high. Sear the chicken, if desired, and add chicken to heated mixture in the crockpot. Cook on high till chicken is cooked through.

Make enough rice to serve 6 to 8 people, and ladle dump chicken onto rice beds and serve.

_______________________________________________________

Apparently, according to my wise friend, you can combine the sauce ingredients and raw chicken in a large ziplock bag (or other sealable container) and freeze it, so that when you want to, you can take it out, already prepared, and cook it. Sounds like a real winner to me!

No comments:

The Mediterranean Diet

The Mediterranean Diet
Food Pyramid