Sunday, August 31, 2008

Mediterranean "Suddenly Salad"

I love Suddenly Salad, but it has WAY TOO MUCH salt in it to be a good choice for my dietary requirements... so I improvised my own version of this classic picnic standby.... I have added nuts to this also, but really I like it better without the nuts....

Ingredients

1 lb. grilled chicken, cubed
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
1/2 small red onion, chopped
1/4 cup sliced olives
1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed... NOT cooked
Powdered Garlic, to taste
Pepper, to taste
1 lb. rotini pasta, cooked to al dente and chilled
1/2 cup Crumbled feta cheese
homemade olive oil mayonnaise

Directions

Make the mayonnaise and chill overnight.

Combine all the ingredients EXCEPT feta and drizzle mayonnaise to taste sprinkle with feta just before serving....

No comments:

The Mediterranean Diet

The Mediterranean Diet
Food Pyramid