Saturday, August 23, 2008

Chicken Bruchetta Bake

As I promised, here is my recipe for one of my most famous potluck meals...

INGREDIENTS

3-4 lbs chicken
1 tbs. olive oil
2-3 tbs. minced garlic
2-3 large tomatoes diced (or one 28 oz can of petite diced tomatoes with the juice)
6 cups of croutons
3-4 tbs. ittalian seasoning
1-2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese... or more
1 cup of water

DIRECTIONS

Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and thoroughly cook in 1 tbs olive oil and 2-3 cloves of garlic. Combine all the ingredients together with the cooked chicken in a large mixing bowl and mix well, (reserve enough cheese for the topping, the rest is mixed in before baking, I sometimes add another cup of cheese if I am having a cheese craving).

Bake at 375 till cheese is melty (not sure that is a real word)


__________________________________________________________

There really is NO WAY to mess this one up, unless you forget to add the water, but then you just get some really crunchy bites here and there.... It freezes fantastically, I don't know how long you could freeze it though as my hubby really likes this dish too and it usually doesn't make it more than a day or two.... I have made this with mozzarella when I didn't have cheddar and it is really good that way too.... I guess you could use just about any good melty cheese...

I recently found out that Kraft makes something almost exactly like my recipe, but I have been making this for YEARS before I ever even saw their recipe.... My recipe makes two 9x13 casseroles

No comments:

The Mediterranean Diet

The Mediterranean Diet
Food Pyramid